18 June 2012

Hi Daddy

Today's soapbox/gratitude journal: The world could use a few more outstanding dad's. I happen to know a few, particularly in my family. Yesterday, I watched my Dad with three little ones around him playing a riveting game of Uno. There's nothing like a good game of Uno to make for a lively time.

Earlier, my brother repeatedly spend much time and energy trying to calm his poor weeping daughters in the frequent and not so far between moments of distress. He never was much of one for crying little girls back in the day, but they are awfully cute little ladies.

Then, as our child grows increasingly bigger, her father has taken to giving her fatherly advice more and more often. This morning, he shared with her his excitement in meeting her in a few months. She, in turn, shared her excitement with him by kicking him in the face. He's already a great dad.

Yep. Dads are one of the best inventions and I got some really good ones around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment