19 May 2011

The chocolate covered food group

Take heart Americans! Life just got better here. No longer need we feel deprived. Recognize these? These are the remnants of the box of Belgian delight I discovered yesterday. This stick used to hold a magic wonder, in the form of chocolate covered ice cream. The Magnum was one of the major food groups while I lived in Europe as a missionary and it has been a struggle trying to get a balanced diet in the States. But gone are the days of crossing the pond and now is the time to cross the street to the local grocery store. True to form, they come in a box of 3. Usually, we would buy these on the way to somewhere, and had no access to a freezer, which meant somebody got to eat 2. Maybe that someone can be me this time. Do you think my husband will notice?

6 comments:

  1. Any husband worth his salt can sniff out ice cream remnants at 100 yards, easy. 150 given the right humidity and wind conditions. I'd watch out, and listen for a growling stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What flavor did you get first? Do you have a favorite? I found them at Wal-Mart just the other day. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my eye out for the growling bear and hope that the hygrometer stays in my favor, but still need to watch for the wind. It's been a bit blustery here.

    The store had caramel and double chocolate, so I went chocolate. It had a fudge filling just under the chocolate layer, which is new to me, and really good! Favorite would have to be probably any of them, since they are a novelty in these parts. You?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need I mention that it was only after eating 2 that I checked the nutrition facts. Each bar is only 350+ calories and 85% of daily saturated fat. Key to Magnum intake: Moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude! I'm still trying to burn calories from the second bar. Oh, the sacrifices I made as a senior companion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a brave soul! Albertson's had 4 flavors today! So tempting, but I held myself back. My arteries rejoiced.

    ReplyDelete