22 July 2011

Please don't eat me!

I like wildlife. I even like little animals in my garden. But we have a problem. The leaves on some of our plants started looking like this (see photos) this week. It didn't look like bugs, because it had kind of a beaky look to the bite marks. I wondered if lizards ate leaves...? and I wondered if birds ate leaves. After much pondering, I still hadn't come up with an answer, until yesterday when I found a little yellow bird standing on our bamboo pole pecking at a tomato leaf. Scandalous!

So now it's time to decide how to stop the problem, maybe
without destroying the wildlife... though the cat stuck up the tree last week during the thunder storm was a bit of a bother, mostly because her owners were whistling at 11:00 pm trying to get her down, which really wasn't very effective. So far I have only thought of netting, and have yet to try it. If you have other opinions or ideas, please share.

2 comments:

  1. My love for wildlife did not increase when a wasp attacked my head yesterday either.

    ReplyDelete