25 May 2011

Bottoms up

Yesterday I experience something you never have. At least, one would hope that you are fortunate enough (and smart enough) to never have such a thing happen to you. What happened? My head collided with the pointy underside of a metal toilet paper dispenser.

How was I so graceful in doing such a thing? As I was changing at the gym, in a stall, and I bent down to pick up my shoes. Generally, my spacial awareness kicks in quickly, but this time it underestimated the amount of room my cranium requires. On the return trip to the full and upright position, my skull crashed into the razor tipped dispenser. For a moment, I stayed down, a little confused at why the spaciality went faulty, but quickly checked for broken skin. The force of the impact would point to yes, though my trusty skull must be harder that that now bent edge. Okay, I didn't bend it, but it did remove a nice chunk of hair. Thankfully, I can stand to lose a few. And for the awkwardness of the situation, I'm grateful the stall didn't look like this.

1 comment:

  1. I already know I am going to love your blog! Great story. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete