27 October 2014

Sunflower bouquet

Here's a bunch of cupcakes. I made them for the 2 year old birthday we just celebrated. They are decorated with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. The chocolate hardens in the refrigerator, which makes it like a candy center. The whipped cream is tinted with turmeric. It worked well, but took quite a bit of spice, enough that I could taste it. A leaf tip made the petals. And I found a really simple chocolate cake recipe (but I cut the sugar down by about 1/2 c...and left out the espresso powder. As a non-coffee drinker, I don't understand why all chocolate needs coffee flavor.) that stayed really moist for the next few days. Now you want to eat one. So do I.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee deepens the flavor and makes it AMAZING. I have to say the coffee restriction was absolutely the hardest part of me joining the church! You don't even taste the espresso, it just enhances the chocolate. It's very sad to not have it :(

    Regardless, the cupcakes are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete