06 May 2015

Re: Brainwaves


Dear Little Fiend that has taken residence on my shoulder,
You must be tired. Since the birth of my son, you have amped up your constant propaganda in my head. For the record, I will survive, even when the baby is crying, or when dinner is at 9 pm, or when I haven't slept in days, or when the toddler is behaving as only she knows how, or when the laundry is about to swallow the house whole, or when we have to eat with our fingers, because no silverware is clean (not that the toddler minds), or when, upon entering the kitchen, you get stuck as if in quicksand from the layers of spilled yesterday's juice. Your voice may seem strong from the post-pregnancy hormones or from the sleep depravation, but I won't give in yet. Please consider moving.
Sincerely,
A new mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment