16 August 2012

People who need people meet Murphy

You may blame it on the weather, or on the impending arrival of our first child, or on constant ebb and flow of hormonally-based emotions I am currently experiencing, it might be all three, but today I want people around me. No need for entertainment or excellent conversation, just another soul nearby to pass time and make small talk. Yes, this is coming from a psuedo-hermit. Some days are like that. So why are we meeting Murphy? Well, today of all days, my excellent husband has grad school orientation and won't be home until much later tonight. Murphy Law always picks the most convenient moments to arrive. At least I still get the occasional swift kick in the ribs to know that another little person wants some people, too. Just a few more weeks. Maybe Murphy can come for that, too.

1 comment:

  1. No, Mr. Murphy must stay FAR away from the little one's arrival! Only happiness, pink toes, and little pursed lips allowed on that day :) Ok and maybe some stress, tears, emotions, and exhaustion too haha.

    I would have totally come to hang out! I guess I should have called you huh? I kept thinking about it but never had more than 15 minutes at any given time and I thought it might be stupid to call for such a short time. Anywho I hope you survived the day, I miss you! Still working on getting that private jet for us to use.... :)

    ReplyDelete