20 April 2011

Making stuff

Sometimes the need to make fun stuff comes on stronger than the proportional amount of time I have to actually complete the thing. I finally finished a project (after more than a year) for my sister's dolls. Maybe it is best for me to stick with very short term projects, like making the bed or dinner.



Another project of late was to recover our dining room chairs. Here is the before and after. Can you tell which is which? Okay, so these were my husband's chairs during college, and also at the time when he had roommates. One of these roommates needed a wheelchair to get around, which left his hands black from the wheels. White chairs with black stains make for a project for me.

They look a lot better, though I now have a violent hatred for our wimpy staple gun, if it can be called that. You can see the result of its 'labor,' most of which ended up in the garbage. It only took 600 staples to finish 4 chairs.

Suggestion for future projects: Use a gun that can actually penetrate the wood. Or just get an air compressor.

2 comments:

  1. Try one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Hilti-Powder-Actuated-Nailer-DXE72/dp/B0026TBBT2

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might have to wait until I redo the chairs in our formal dining room. Or maybe I'll have Jeeves do those ones.

    ReplyDelete